As a member of Employers for Carers, you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to EfC's expert resources and practical information on our members’ platform, EfC Digital, all hosted on a co-branded platform. The platform provides resources for staff with line management, HR or employee wellbeing responsibilities and includes e-Learning, essential guides, toolkits, legislation updates, good practice examples and sample policies. The platform also provides resources for staff with caring responsibilities, including e-learning, factsheets, guides and tools to help carers understand their rights, identify support and support their own health and wellbeing.
- Tailored promotional materials and use of our logo to help promote your EfC membership internally and externally.
Training and Consultancy
- An initial consultation/diagnostic session - to identify where we can best build upon your existing policies and practices or focus on a specific issue you are facing.
- A free annual ‘Lunch and Learn’ or training session tailored to meet individual requirements. (Further sessions can be arranged).
- A discounted assessment fee for Carer Confident, our employer benchmarking scheme, which you can read more about here.
Events and Networking
- Invitations to Members Networking Events focusing on a current topic.
- Invitations to sector-specific roundtables by engaging and sharing best practice with similar organisations.
- Opportunity to be connected with peers who can share their experiences and best practice, specific to your organisation’s objectives.
- Invitations to key Carers UK events, such as the annual Carers Rights Day Parliamentary reception.
- The chance to access new insight surveys (as and when they're released) and topical policy debates.
- Opportunities to participate in national and international research.
In addition to our member benefits, Carers UK and EfC will be providing resources to support the implementation of the Carer's Leave Act as part of EfC membership. This will include a detailed guide on the key provisions of the new law, an online training session and a training slide deck to roll out to managers. Key contacts from EfC member organisations will be notified when this resource is available to access, following the passing of the regulations through parliament.
View membership levels and fees for more information on membership benefits and cost.
How to join
If you would like to join Employers for Carers please complete the form giving the details of the person you would like to be the main contact for your organisation.