What do we do?
- Provide practical advice and support for employers seeking to develop carer friendly policy and practice and retain skilled workers.
- Identify and promote the business benefits of supporting carers in the workplace.
- Influence government and employment policy to create a culture which supports working carers.
How do we support employers?
- Identifying and engaging with carers in the workplace.
- Reviewing and 'carer proofing' current policies and practice.
- Training and supporting line managers to implement carer friendly policies.
- Developing, supporting and managing staff carer networks.
- Sharing best practice at our networking events.
- Our bespoke members' platform, EfC Digital; designed to help build your strategy around supporting working carers.
The Carer’s Leave Act 2023 received Royal Assent in May 2023 and the law will be enacted in 2024 and employers will need to be prepared to deliver changes to the way they offer support to all unpaid carers in their workforce.
Carers UK and EfC will be providing resources to support the implementation of the Carer's Leave Act as part of EfC membership, including a detailed guide on the key provisions of the new law, an online training session and a training slide deck to roll out to managers. Key contacts from EfC member organisations will be notified when this resource is available to access, following the release of secondary regulations regarding the Act.