Carers UK is the national membership charity for unpaid carers. Every day, about 6,000 people become carers, looking after family or friends who are older, disabled or seriously ill.
Today there are 6.5 million carers in the UK and for the past 50 years we have been driven by carers, raising their voices together to call for change and seek recognition and support. Carers UK is both a supportive community and a movement for change.
Our mission is to make life better for carers.
- We give expert advice, information and support
- We connect carers so no-one has to care alone
- We campaign together for lasting change
- We innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers
0808 808 7777
You can talk to our helpline no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.
We provide information and advice on:
- Benefits and tax credits
- Carers employment rights
- Carers’ assessments
- The services available for carers
- How to complain effectively and challenge decisions
Our telephone helpline is open on Mondays and Tuesday between 10am and 4pm - 0808 808 7777.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner.
You can also connect with other carers via the online forum here.