Today there are 6.5 million carers in the UK and for the past 50 years we have been driven by carers, raising their voices together to call for change and seek recognition and support. Carers UK is both a supportive community and a movement for change.
Our mission is to make life better for carers.
- We give expert advice, information and support
- We connect carers so no-one has to care alone
- We campaign together for lasting change
- We innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers
You can talk to our helpline no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.
We provide information and advice on:
- Benefits and tax credits
- Carers employment rights
- Carers’ assessments
- The services available for carers
- How to complain effectively and challenge decisions
Our telephone helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 and is open from Monday to Friday, between 9am-6pm.
You can also email [email protected]
The Carers UK Forum is our online community of carers and is available to Carers UK members 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A few words from a fellow carer who understands what you’re going through can be a lifeline. So whether you need to share an experience, ask a question or simply let off some steam, log in and join the conversation.
You can find more information about our forum here.
Back in 2016, Carers UK set out a strategic five-year vision to create a world where carers are respected, valued and supported. In order to deliver against this vision Carers UK set three strategic priorities and three organisational objectives:
- Campaigning for greater understanding and support for carers
- Being there for carers with information and support from the start
- Building a network of carer positive employers
- Growing income streams so we can increase our impact
- Being a great place to work and volunteer
- Making the best use of technology.
With the period covering our Vision 2021 having come to an end, Carers UK's latest Annual Report and Financial Statements for the financial year 2020-21 explains how they delivered against priorities and objectives.
The Carers UK 2020-21 annual report can be downloaded here.
Previous annual reports can be found on the Carers UK website here.
If you would like to take part in an event on behalf of Carers UK, such as a fun run, cycle ride or marathon, we would love to hear from you! Please contact the Carers UK Fundraising Team at [email protected] or call 020 7378 4986.
For more fundraising ideas and a list of sporting activities you could take part in, take a look at the Carers UK website here.