Join us today for ‘hands on’ practical advice and support from the EfC team who have over 15 years’ experience in the field of carers and employment.
We can help you with:
- Raising awareness of caring and caring issues in the workplace.
- Reviewing and ‘carer proofing’ current policies and practice.
- Identifying and engaging with carers in the workplace.
- Developing, supporting and managing staff carer networks.
- Training and supporting line managers to implement carer friendly policies.
- Signposting employees to sources of workplace and external support.
Members receive the following benefits:
- Access to our online members’ platform, EfC Digital, containing guides, e-Learning, best practice examples, templates, sample policies and case studies; designed to help build your strategy around supporting working carers. The platform is co-branded to reflect your corporate identity.
- Access to the Digital Resource for Carers*, a dedicated online platform designed to support working carers through a full range of online resources they can access anytime, anywhere. Resources include e-Learning, free access to Jointly, Carers UK’s care co-ordination app, information and support on health and wellbeing, carers rights and working and caring. (* Via EfC Plus membership level).
- A dedicated Account Manager to help you make full use of your EfC membership.
- Tailored promotional materials to help promote EfC membership within your organisation.
- An initial consultation/diagnostic session - used to identify where we can best work with you to build upon your existing employee support or to look at a particular issue of relevance to you.
- Annual in-house ‘lunch and learn’ or training sessions tailored to meet individual requirements. (Further sessions can be arranged).
- Invitations to Members Networking Events each focusing on a specific area of interest (approximately four per year).
- Further opportunities to share your experiences by hosting and speaking at our events. (Previous hosts include Nationwide, TfL, Mercer and KPMG among others).
- Opportunity to connect with peers from the same sector, as well as across sector and regions, to share best practice, including via 1-2-1 connections and our social media channels (LinkedIn).
- Regular communications such as our monthly e-bulletin newsletter, featuring latest legislation and policy updates.
- Use of our logo on job adverts, company websites, intranets, email footers, etc.
- Branding and sponsorship opportunities across our websites, communication channels, publications and social media.
- The chance to be at the forefront of new research – as and when it’s released – and to engage in topical policy debates.
- Opportunities to participate in major research, both national and international projects.
- Invitations to key Carers UK events, such as the annual Carers Rights Day Parliamentary reception.
- Support from EfC for your workplace events, such as Employee Wellbeing Fairs, Diversity and Inclusion showcases and Health and Wellbeing Weeks.
- Opportunities to take part in national campaigns such as Carers Week and Carers Rights Day, and receive a face-to-face presence from Carers UK staff.
- Opportunities to showcase your support for carers in our literature and at events.
- Direct support from the EfC Wales Hub for Wales based organisations or organisations with a Welsh presence/regional office.
- Free online membership of Carers UK, which is available for staff in your workforce with caring responsibilities.
What does it cost to join*?
EfC Plus: Corporate/Umbrella Membership
EfC Basic: Corporate/Umbrella Membership
EfC Basic: Public sector/not for profit membership
Employers with fewer than 1000 employees
Contact us for a reduced rate
* Prices do not include VAT
Employers for Carers also has an umbrella membership model for:
- Local authorities so that they can bring on board the SMEs within their own locality.
- Local employer organisations/business organisations such as chambers of commerce or trade associations who have SMEs in their membership.
Find out more here, contact us for further information or join us below.
How to join
If you would like to join Employers for Carers please complete the form giving the details of the person you would like to be the main contact for your organisation.